We study the performance advantages provided by intelligently structuring hierarchical functional materials. To this end, we develop methods to synthesize rationally-engineered materials for optical and electrochemical applications. We also devise simulations and charaterization techniques for in-operando characterization and optimization of these materials.
- Lowe, J.M., Yan, Q., Benamara, M., and Coridan, R.H. "Direct photolithographic patterning of cuprous oxide thin films via photoelectrodeposition"
Journal of Materials Chemistry A (accepted)
- Coridan, R.H., Schichtl, Z.G., Sun, T., and Fezzaa, K. Inhibition of Tafel Kinetics for Electrolytic Hydrogen Evolution on Isolated, Micron Scale Electrocatalysts on Semiconductor Interfaces
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, doi:10.1021/acsami.6b07729 (2016)
- Xiang, Weber, Ardo, Berger, Chen, Coridan, Fountaine, Haussener, Hu, Liu, Lewis, Modestino, Shaner, Singh, Stevens, Sun, and Walczak. Modeling, Simulation, and Implementation of Solar-Driven Water-Splitting Devices
Angewandte Chemie International Edition, doi: 10.1002/anie.201510463 (2016)
- Sep 27 2017 - James's paper on direct photolithography of Cu2O was accepted in the Journal of Materials Chemistry A.
- Aug 1 2017 - Check out our new CNC Mill and Optical Microscopy Suite! Thanks to Hamed and Zeb for getting those up and running!
- Dec 13 2016 - Our new UV-Vis spectrophotometer with integrating sphere arrived. Thin film absorption, engage!
- Aug 30 2016 - Our paper on high-speed x-ray imaging of electrolytic bubble growth on an isolated electrocatalyst at a semiconductor-liquid interface was accepted for publication in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces.