• Asfc is a measure of complexity derived from a series
of relative area (relA) measures
at different scales. [Animation of
• Asfc is the slope of a line fit to the steepest part
of a curve of relA versus log(Scale) multiplied by -1000.
[Animation of Asfc calculation]
• The steepest part of this curve is generally calculated
for a range of 1, 2 or 3 orders of magnitude.
• Asfc is related to the fractal
dimension (D) of the surface.
• Asfc is an ASME
• High values for Asfc signal greater complexity as
relA changes more over the scales of interest.
Return to the texture analysis page