Sometimes you're in need of a plan B and you just can't come up with one, or you just decide, heck with it, today's plan B is to go on home and read a good book or take a nap, or maybe even do some scanning or photo editing.
The forecast called for clear skies in the morning, and I made plans accordingly. Up at four, hit the Hedges pour-off overlook in time for sunrise, choogle on over to the spot on the creek where a few weeks before I had taken some ice pictures , take the photo I had spotted back then just minutes too late to catch the right light, shoot whatever else I might find until the creek was flooded with sunlight, go home.
It was a good plan, but it all depended on the forecast for sunshine being right. There was even a crack of sunlight for about half an hour after sunrise, and I was able to do a little shooting at Hedges pour-off, but when it socked in after that, Junie and I packed it in and went home. Halfway there the sky cleared off, but by then the sun was too high in the sky to bother turning around.